The Matrix Movie
Computer hacker Thomas Anderson has lived a relatively ordinary life—in what he thinks is the year 1999—until he is contacted by the enigmatic Morpheus who leads him into the real world. In reality, it is 200 years later, and the world has been laid waste and taken over by advanced artificial intelligence machines. The computers have created a false version of 20th-century life—the "Matrix"—to keep the human slaves satisfied, while the AI machines draw power from the humans. Anderson, pursued constantly by "Agents" (computers who take on human form and infiltrate the Matrix), is hailed as "The One" who will lead the humans to overthrow the machines and reclaim the Earth.
- Be Afraid Of The Future
Believe the unbelievable
- Free your mind
In a world of 1s and 0s...are you a zero, or The One?
- Perception: Our day-in, day-out world is real. Reality: That world is a hoax, an elaborate deception spun by all-powerful machines of artificial intelligence that control us. Whoa.
Reality is a thing of the past.
- Remember there is no spoon
The Fight for the Future Begins
- The Future isn't user friendly...[Australian Poster]
The Future Will Not Be User Friendly
- The Matrix has you.
The World's population thinks it's real. On March 31st, they will see the "Real World".
- Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.
Welcome to the Real World
- What is The Matrix?
User Reviews of The Matrix
- IMDB Rating:
- IMDB Votes:
- USA, Australia
- Action, Thriller, Sci-Fi
Blockbuster, Helicopter, Martial arts, Murder, Elevator shaft, Emp, Subway, Swat team, Blood, Shot to death
- $171,479,930 (37.2%)
- + Foreign:
- $288,900,000 (62.8%)
- = Worldwide:
- $27,788,331 (2,849 theaters, $9,753 average) % of Total Gross: 16.2%
- 2,903 theaters